6/9/09

...Those Shoes!

I cannot wear pretty shoes. Without going into a lot of detail, between bunions and my bones in my feet not really aligned like they should be, I never could wear high heels or anything without a lot of support to them. Since I began participating in art/craft festivals, I tried several types of shoes that were touted to be comfortable, but after standing 10-12 hours, (usually on concrete!), none of them could keep up, and my feet and legs ached for 2-3 days afterwards! Even some walking shoes don't make it. I still wanted something pretty or "artsy" though. So I found a lot of websites dedicated to "customizing your kicks", and here is my solution : paint!


Got many (positive) comments. They're still a work in progress - I think the blue may be changed to green, and the paint flaked some on the bends, so there will be some tweaks, but I'm happy with my first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment