5/21/09

The Toledo Farmers Market Flower Day Weekend!

This weekend is the biggest day of the year at our local Farmer's Market! I started attending this event, first as one of the Master Gardeners at The Ohio State University Master Gardener booth there (around 1991), then a few years as a customer, now in the third year with my garden art! Our Downtown area has been very depressed for quite a few years (and my job is in that area, so I see it every day), but I'm hoping, like many of us Toledoans are, that Downtown is on the upswing. Regardless, you'd never know there was anything wrong on Flower Day weekend! Many of the area farmers, nurseries, and greenhouses (AND garden artists!:o) ) converge on the Market with food, song, flowers fruits and veggies for two days and it is a wonderful thing! The first events where I tried selling my leaves were the Farmers Markets, so I have good feelings about them! This also kicks off MY season, as I will be doing quite a few shows between now and September.

No comments:

Post a Comment