7/8/10

A Right Brainer Lost In A Left Brained World...

While cruising around online one day, I discovered what has been wrong with me all my life! I guess "wrong" is the incorrect word, BUT - think about this: Just about everyone I ever knew was/is very organized, good with math, very realistic about life ("it is what it is"), don't do much with computers, have good memories, and like to go to their respective daily jobs, day in and day out.

And here I am, always daydreaming about what could be, a total incompetent at housekeeping, absent minded, clueless about math (if I don't have a calculator and my fingers - or my left brained spouse - forget it!), and can never seem to get any one job done at a time.

I also remember when I started my first job, and spent a week crying myself to sleep when I realized I was facing working at an outside job (when I couldn't do the things I wanted to do) for 40 or 50 years of my life! I don't mind the work - but I feel a 40 hour work week is way too much - there's no time to LIVE! But everyone else doesn't even seem to think about it - in fact, many work much more than that! I myself have an endless list of things I want to do if I ever have time, and can see that I will never accomplish most of them unless I come into a lot of money! No one else seems to feel the same...

So it's been tough for me (sorta).


BUT, on the other hand, spelling and grammar (withOUT spellcheck) always came easy to me, and of course I love to create. Anything. And usually can teach myself most of what I need to know in that area. I don't know very many people who can relate to that, either. 



But then, I ran across a site that explained it all...I'm right brained!



When a person is Right Brain Dominant, they are thought of as the dreamers, the artists, and the musicians of the world. Just because they are not as good with numbers and remembering facts does not mean that they are "dumber" than a left brained person (someone please inform my  spousal unit of that!). They just have their strengths in different areas. They do have similar characteristics and they tend to hold similar occupations.


Above are just a few things associated with the right cerebral hemisphere of the brain. People who are right brain dominant are usually good with these things. Here are some more characteristics of a right-brained person.

Prefers rock music (!)


Right brain controls left side of body


Prefer visual instructions with examples (!)


Good at sports (wow...definitely not THAT one)


Good at art (!)


Follows Eastern thought*


Cat lovers (!)


Enjoy clowning around (!)


Can be hypnotized (!)


Likes to read fantasy and mystery stories (!)


Can listen to music or TV while studying (!)


Likes to write fiction (!)


Prefers group


Fun to dream about things that will probably never happen (!)


Enjoys making up own drawings and images (!)


Good at geometry


Likes organizing things to show relation


Can memorize music


Occasionally (!)absentminded


Likes to act out stories


Enjoys interacting affectively with others


Thinks better when lying down (not sure what THAT'S supposed to mean...)


Becomes restless during long verbal explanations


Enjoys creative storytelling (!)


Prefers to learn through free exploration


Good at recalling spatial imagery


Reads for main details


Skilled in showing relationships between ideas


Preference for summarizing over outlining


Solves problems intuitively (!)


Very Spontaneous and unpredictable (!)


Dreamer (!!)


philosophical (!)


*Eastern and Western thought: A doctor in an a country like China would first ask a person how they are doing and what else is going on in their life before they give them medicine. A doctor in North America would just ask them what their symptoms were and then give them medicine.

Below is a list of occupations USUALLY held by a right-brained person. (There are always exceptions.)

Forest ranger

Wildlife manager

Beautician

Politician

Athlete (There it is again! Not a chance...)

Artist

Craftsman

Actor/Actress

...Which side do YOU use?


No comments:

Post a Comment